Linkit
Pulautetta
merten at iki dot fi
Fanit
Archives
- 10/01/2001 - 11/01/2001
- 11/01/2001 - 12/01/2001
- 12/01/2001 - 01/01/2002
- 01/01/2002 - 02/01/2002
- 02/01/2002 - 03/01/2002
- 03/01/2002 - 04/01/2002
- 04/01/2002 - 05/01/2002
- 05/01/2002 - 06/01/2002
- 06/01/2002 - 07/01/2002
- 07/01/2002 - 08/01/2002
- 08/01/2002 - 09/01/2002
- 09/01/2002 - 10/01/2002
- 10/01/2002 - 11/01/2002
- 11/01/2002 - 12/01/2002
- 12/01/2002 - 01/01/2003
- 01/01/2003 - 02/01/2003
- 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
- 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
- 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
Ja syövät kakkupalanne. Väliaikainen, summittainen ja hetkittäinen. Lievästi sinkkiämpärimäinen jälkimaku.
tiistaina, helmikuuta 26, 2002
Now Playing: Giant Robot / Helsinki rock city
My patience is wearing a bit thin.
No, really.
Thin.
I find it somewhat hard to meet my deadlines and complete the work I'm doing. Why? Because some people tend to fuck up. Yeah, fuck up. Want me to spell it to you?
Here's the beef: I made specifications for the company webpages somewhere around the last summer, including the specifications for the underlying technical platform. The project was put on hold - which was cool, because it would have costed far more than what we could have afforted. So, after few months of pointless bickering, the company settled for rather sucky-looking static pages.
Hey, I can live with that. I didn't have to put effort in either making or maintaining them.
Then, the company planned for changing it's name and corporate image, and webpages at the same time. The web-presence was ordered from a media company, and I was under the impression that my specifications, at least partially, were going to be used. Nice.
So what's bugging me?
Well, for god's sake, nobody bothered to check what they really did order from that media company - which turned out to be a sole advertisement company. We ended up having a nice picture about the web-site - like, one page done with Adobe GoLive, with every goddamn thing handled with pictures and javascripts.
So, guess who, along with few other colleagues, had to build that website out of scratch?
Yeah. Correct. In less than week.
As an added bonus, someone decided to fire the network support guy - for reason, I'm sure - but in the middle of all this. And, hey, would you care to take a wild guess to whom's fragile shoulders one third of his jobs landed? Not to mention that anothed third landed on the colleague who's working with the website with me.
Great going. Can we fire the person responsible for the paychecks, next? I mean, it's not like that montly pay is important, or anything - I'm sure one of the secretaries can handle that little irritating detail aside from her real job.
Let me spell this out again: Fuck.
And pardon for my french.
My patience is wearing a bit thin.
No, really.
Thin.
I find it somewhat hard to meet my deadlines and complete the work I'm doing. Why? Because some people tend to fuck up. Yeah, fuck up. Want me to spell it to you?
Here's the beef: I made specifications for the company webpages somewhere around the last summer, including the specifications for the underlying technical platform. The project was put on hold - which was cool, because it would have costed far more than what we could have afforted. So, after few months of pointless bickering, the company settled for rather sucky-looking static pages.
Hey, I can live with that. I didn't have to put effort in either making or maintaining them.
Then, the company planned for changing it's name and corporate image, and webpages at the same time. The web-presence was ordered from a media company, and I was under the impression that my specifications, at least partially, were going to be used. Nice.
So what's bugging me?
Well, for god's sake, nobody bothered to check what they really did order from that media company - which turned out to be a sole advertisement company. We ended up having a nice picture about the web-site - like, one page done with Adobe GoLive, with every goddamn thing handled with pictures and javascripts.
So, guess who, along with few other colleagues, had to build that website out of scratch?
Yeah. Correct. In less than week.
As an added bonus, someone decided to fire the network support guy - for reason, I'm sure - but in the middle of all this. And, hey, would you care to take a wild guess to whom's fragile shoulders one third of his jobs landed? Not to mention that anothed third landed on the colleague who's working with the website with me.
Great going. Can we fire the person responsible for the paychecks, next? I mean, it's not like that montly pay is important, or anything - I'm sure one of the secretaries can handle that little irritating detail aside from her real job.
Let me spell this out again: Fuck.
And pardon for my french.